Traveling to Mexico?
Cancun Airport is offering a link to an on-line Tourist Card (Immigration Form) for passengers to complete and print prior to departure. This would eliminate the need of doing it in flight while you search for that pen you can never find or while waiting in line upon arrival at the Immigration Office at the airport.
You will see on the website the following Travel Advisory:
“Starting soon some commercial airlines will stop handing out immigration forms aboard their airplanes, we highly recommend you fill out the form(s) online now so you don’t delay your immigration process when you arrive in Mexico.”
Here’s what you need to complete the form:
- Contact information
- Passport information
- Full Name of the Hotel or address in Mexico
- Arrival flight information
- Email to send you the Tourist Card
- A printer to print the Tourist Card
Tourist Card FAQ:
What is a Tourist Card and why do I need it?
- If you are visiting Mexico you need a Tourist Card which is an Entry Immigration Form that details information about your visit to Mexico. The Tourist Card is per person regardless of age and how long you will stay in Mexico. The information you provide in the Tourist Card is kept by the Mexican Immigration Authority as an official record of your visit to Mexico.
Do I need to send my passport for inspection?
- NO , you DO NOT need to send your passport. On the application form will ask you for the information needed from your passport in order to process your Tourist Card. When you land in Mexico you will be required to present your passport and your Tourist Card to enter Mexico.
How long do I have to keep my Tourist Card?
- There are two (2) parts of the Immigration Form, the Entry Form & the Exit Form. You will be emailed both forms already completed with the proper information and when you arrive in Mexico you will immediately proceed to the immigration booth at the airport where the immigration officer will keep the ENTRY Part of your form and he/she will stamp the Exit Part of the form which you will keep while in Mexico. When you are checking in for your flight back home, you will present the Exit Part of your form along with your passport.